If you are a New Yorker or traveling to New York anytime soon for either business or leisure purpose, then one of the most important things you should probably not miss in this city is to see a famous Broadway show. New York City has a great history of its theater district located in Manhattan side of it! This time plan to book cheap flights to New York from Tripiflights and explore the New York’s Broadway culture. New York is considered as a Broadway hub with over 40 professional theaters having 500 plus seats in this area.
Broadway shows are a combination of musicals and theatre performances and take the audience into a whole different dimension. It is an iconic part of this city and there were several Broadway shows happening in various of its old theatres, few even dating back to 18th century. Nassau Street is still famous for its age-old glory of various Shakespearian plays and ballad operas done by the professional actors.
Here is a list of Broadway theatres that are still at its uppermost glory:
- Belasco Theatre
- Booth Theatre
- American Airlines Theatre
- Vivian Beaumont Theatre at Lincoln Center
- Cort Theatre
- Gershwin Theatre
- Ambassador Theatre
- Brooks Atkinson Theatre
- Broadhurst Theatre
- Ethel Barrymore Theatre
- Samuel J. Friedman Theatre
- Circle in the Square Theatre
- Lyric Theatre
- Winter Garden Theatre
- Studio 54
- Music Box Theatre
- Minskoff Theatre
If you don’t want to see the roman plays, then there is also scope for the best films that have done a lot of commercial success. Few of them are listed below:
1. Hamilton: This Off-Broadway is been shown since February 2015. You can avail Premium seats costing around $849 and non-premium seats in $199.
2. Lion King: This is one of the most favorite Broadway shows that is consist of about 90+ million audiences. This is also a proud winner of over 70 plus major theatre awards along with a 24 global production of longest-running show Broadway ever.
3. Wicked: There are over 6,500 performances along with 9th longest-running Broadway show that was made based on the tales of the Wizard of Oz.
4. Aladdin: One of the highly appreciated tales is the Aladdin, based on the 1992 Disney animated film. This Broadway show has already received Tony Award nominations and lots of success.
5. The Book of Mormon: A religious satire written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone is one of the Best Musical and Grammy Award winners for Best Musical Album.
The Broadway theatres and the Broadway artist and performers have worked together over the ages and helped in shaping and reflecting a major part of the city. Over the decades it has evolved its art forms and cherished the same the giving it a modern shape. From the early 1900s to the present day, the Broadway shows have succumbed and reflected the essence and character of the city through musical and entertaining forms.
The Victorian theatres and the finest streets breaths the hustle and bustle of the entertainment districts. With the massive success of the Broadway shows the Times Square turns into renaissance overnight. The New Yorkers tourist who connects to this shows could soak in some signature visual dazzle. Make a Broadway show a to-do thing in your New York Bucket list.